Effective Date: 4th May 2022
Terms are subject to change without notice. The construction, interpretation and performance of orders shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England regard to its conflict of law rules. The use of this site and/or History and Heraldry catalogues is voluntary and is being made available to You for use in obtaining History and Heraldry products. By ordering from History and Heraldry Ltd via this site, telephone, email or post, You agree to the following terms and conditions:
History and Heraldry dropshipping deals with Retailers only. Any accounts opened for purchasing items for personal use will be cancelled. If We require any more information in order to activate Your account, We will contact You via email or phone.
If a non-trade customer has had an account approved in error, We reserve the right to cancel and refund any orders placed. If an order is accepted in error from a non-trade customer and despatched the customer may keep the goods, however any future order will be cancelled and the account closed.
In this document the term ‘Retailer’ refers to those who have registered and been approved by History and Heraldry. The term ‘Customer’ refers to visitors to Your GiftSite who place an order through the GiftSite checkout.
1. Terms of ContractThese Terms & Conditions of Sale apply to goods supplied by History and Heraldry; they do not affect Your statutory rights.
When a Customer places an order for our dropship goods advertised on Your GiftSite, We consider this as You as the Retailer placing an order with History and Heraldry. Any order placed by You for dropship goods advertised on GiftSite is considered an offer by You to purchase the goods in Your order. No contract exists between You and us until payment is received from the Customer. Each time You place an order, You will receive an automated email confirming this. The notification of receipt is not a confirmation, that payment has been received.
The contract is subject to Your right of cancellation (see condition 5 below).
We reserve the right to terminate the contract of sale if the payment for ordered goods is not received in full.
The Dropship Service is only available for eligible items sold on the Giftsite platform. Using the Dropship Service to buy and ship goods listed for sale on other online platforms is strictly prohibited.
2. Description and Price of GoodsWe have taken every care to describe and show all items as accurately as possible, and with accordance to the manufacturer’s specification. Despite this, a slight variation in items may occur. We provide You with product information on the Website. If there is anything, which You do not understand, or if You wish to obtain further information, please contact the Retailer Service Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The wholesale prices within the Website admin section are in Pounds Sterling and do not include VAT, We make every effort to keep the prices of goods or delivery on our Website up to date, hoWever any changes to said prices are subject to change without notice. VAT is charged at the standard rate as laid out by the British Government http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/.
If, within 3 days of accepting Your order, We discover some, but not all of the items, are unavailable*, We will contact You and offer You the option of amending Your order to substitute the unavailable item(s) with applicable alternative goods. If You do not choose a substitute alternative within 3 working days, the unavailable item(s) will be removed from Your order and We will dispatch the available goods. Any payment received from the Customer with respect to the cancelled item(s) will need to be credited back to the Customer’s original method of payment by You. History and Heraldry will not substitute an item without contacting You first regarding Your order(s).
*Please note, under no circumstances can back orders for items be accepted.
Please note that We manufacture and import goods internationally. We make every effort to keep the supplies as uninterrupted as possible. Due to the large scale of operations involved in the continuity of stock supply, We cannot guarantee all items will be available to order constantly.
History and Heraldry will update stock levels on giftsite.co.uk, but absolute accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
We reserve the right to stop any promotional deals / discounts at any time if We feel it is necessary (i.e low stock)
We use new and recycled packaging for sending our orders. We do not provide a gift-wrap service. Depending on the size of the order, the items get delivered in unbranded envelopes or boxes.
The price of an item does not include the fulfilment charge
3. PaymentPayments for goods and delivery will be deducted from the card transaction made by Your Customer at the GiftSite checkout. All fees for goods, services and delivery are itemised with Your Retailer Statement and will deducted from Your remittance before it is transferred to Your account. You will also receive a sales invoice from us by email for each dropship order processed for Your records, this sales invoice will have been pre-paid by deduction from Your remittance.
No goods will be despatched until payment by the Customer has been made in full, and the funds have cleared.
Website prices are listed in GBP (Pound Sterling) and this is the accepted payment currency.
Please always check Your order email confirmations; should there be any discrepancies, please let us know immediately via email OR phone as changes to orders might not be possible once the order is in the warehouse.
4. DeliveryDelivery will be made to the address specified through the GiftSite checkout when Your Customer completes their order.
Orders are aimed to be delivered within 3-5 working days after despatch. Please note a working day is any day other than Weekends and Bank or other Public Holidays.
If the delivery of the order is refused, or it fails due to You or the Customer cancelling the contract, History and Heraldry will credit Your account for the costs of goods, fulfilment, GiftSite commission and transaction fees. By the Customer exercising their right to cancel, they are required to return the goods, at their own cost, to History and Heraldry. If they fail to return the goods within 14 days, We reserve the right to charge You for any costs incurred during retrieving the goods from You.
We make every effort to ensure goods are delivered within five working days of acceptance of Your order. However, History and Heraldry will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by You through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this event, We will inform You of any delays as soon as possible.
If a non-tracked order has not arrived 10 working days after despatch You will be eligible for a refund or replacement. A claim must be made via email to History & Heraldry Retailer services stating the order number and date of order before a refund or replacement is agreed.
For courier deliveries:
Please ensure You provide a delivery address, where someone will be available to receive the delivery betWeen 7.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. If the couriers are unable to complete a delivery due to nobody being present, a calling card will be left asking You to contact them directly to arrange a re-delivery. If You do not contact the couriers within 2 days of receiving this card, the goods will be returned to our warehouse and a re-delivery charge may be applicable to Your order.
History and Heraldry retains ownership of all goods shipped within the UK until they have been confirmed as delivered or left in a safe place by the courier. Once Your goods have been delivered, the risk of damage or loss of the item passes to the recipient.
5. Your Right of CancellationBoth You and the Customer have the right to cancel an order (contract) with History and Heraldry at any time up to 14 days after receipt of Your goods, in line with Your statutory rights. To cancel the contract, You must advise us in writing, by e-mail.
Should You wish to cancel a contract after the goods have been despatched to the Customer, You will be responsible for returning the goods to History and Heraldry within 30 days, at Your own cost, unless the goods are faulty or mis-described. Please follow our Returns Procedure (see condition 8 below).
You will be credited for the goods within 30 days of notifying History and Heraldry in writing of the cancellation. You will need to refund the Customer using the refund option within GiftSite.
5.1 Amendment of orders already placedTo amend an order please email History and Heraldry Retailer service stating the order number and nature of the amendment (please note some amendments will require us to cancel and refund the order and ask for it to be placed again). We can only amend the order if it has not already been processed.
6. Refund PolicyIf You are eligible for a refund, We will credit Your account. The refund amount will be the total amount You have paid for the particular order or a fraction of this, depending on the nature of the fault at hand. Refunds can take up to 30 days from receipt of the return.
7. WarrantyAll products supplied by History and Heraldry have a 6 months manufacturer’s warranty period from the date the goods were delivered (unless otherwise stated and excluding consumables). This warranty does not affect Your statutory rights as a Customer.
Please note, the warranty does not cover You for any defects in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by You or any third party, use otherwise than in accordance with its intended use. Consumable items, (e.g batteries) are covered for physical defects in accordance with the terms above
7.1. Faulty Item(s)If You receive goods that are faulty or incomplete on arrival, You must notify us within 72 hours of receipt of the item in writing (by post, by e-mail or by using the Contact Us page on the website).
We do not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
For items below the value of £15 sale price before VAT, We request photographic evidence of any visible faults instead of a return. Please see our Returns Procedure (see condition 8 below).
The goods should be returned to us in line with our Returns Procedure (see condition 9 below).
We will check products returned as faulty. If the fault is verified, We will replace the item within 5 working days at no additional cost to You and You will be reimbursed for any reasonable carriage costs incurred by the return. If, for any reason, We are unable to replace the item (for example, due to discontinuation of a product), You will be offered a choice of a substitute alternative product or a refund for the faulty item.
For items over £15 sale price before VAT, please contact us via email at email@example.com describing the type and extent of the fault and We will advise You how to proceed.
Please do not place duplicate orders for replacement of damaged/faulty goods.
For heavy, courier delivered items of the value of over £15 sale price before VAT with visible fault (s) that We wish returned to us We can, upon request, despatch a replacement item and arrange a courier collection of the damaged item at the same time (*please note this is only available in the circumstance that the recipient will be available at the address to pass the faulty goods to the courier)
In the event the faulty goods are to be returned to us by the recipient, please see our Returns Procedure (see condition 8 below). If the goods You have returned are found not to be faulty, You will be notified in writing. You will receive a refund or an offer of a replacement for the original goods, however We will ask You to cover the delivery charges, and no return delivery charges will be refunded.
7.2. Item(s) Damaged on ArrivalIn the unlikely event of You receiving a damaged product, You should notify us in writing by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receipt of the goods. For items below the value of £15 sale price before VAT, We request photographic evidence of any visible damage instead of a return. Please see our Returns Procedure (see condition 8 below).
For items over £15 sale price before VAT, please contact us via email at email@example.com describing the type and extent of the damage and We will advise You how to proceed.
In the event the damaged goods are to be returned to us by the recipient, please see our Returns Procedure (see condition 8 below). Once We have received the goods at our warehouse, We will examine the goods for the damage. If the damage is verified, We will replace the item within 3 working days at no additional cost to You and You will be reimbursed for any reasonable carriage charge incurred by the return.
If the goods You have returned are found not damaged, You will be notified in writing. You will receive a refund or an offer of a replacement for the original goods, however We will ask You to cover the delivery charges, and no return delivery charges will be refunded.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE DUPLICATE ORDERS TO REPLACE DAMAGED ITEMS, it will not speed up the replacement process.
7.3. Wrong Item(s) DeliveredIf, by mistake We supply You with an incorrect item, You must notify us within 30 days. If Your Retailer wishes to return the item for replacement it must be in line with our Returns Procedure (first see 7.3.1 below). Depending on the value of the item (see 7.3.1 below) We may allow the Customer to keep the item if they are happy with it, and any refund for a difference in value will be issued.
7.3.1If the projected reasonable carriage costs for an item to be returned exceeds the value of the item (it’s original sale price as listed on GiftSite), We will ask for photographic evidence that the item is incorrect, the end Retailer is then free to dispose of the incorrect item in the manner most convenient to themselves once confirmed by us.
The goods should be returned to us in line with our Returns Procedure. Once We have received the incorrect items at our warehouse or received proof of postage, the correct items will be shipped within 2 working days and You will be reimbursed for any reasonable carriage charge incurred by the return.
In the event of an item of over 2kg in Weight We can arrange a courier collection at the same time as the correct item is delivered (this service is only available if there will be somebody present at the delivery address to accept the delivery and pass back the incorrect goods).
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE DUPLICATE ORDERS TO REPLACE DAMAGED ITEMS, it will not speed up the replacement process.
7.4. Item(s) Not RequiredIf a Customer wishes to return an unwanted item, You must notify us in writing (by e-mail), a refund will be credited to Your account for the item only within 30 days of You notifying History and Heraldry of the cancellation providing the item has been returned to our warehouse. You will need to refund the Customer via the refund function on GiftSite. The item should be returned to us in line with our returns instructions within 28 days of You notifying us. The Customer will be responsible for returning the goods at their own cost, and they should be returned in their original packaging and ‘as new’. This condition does not apply to perishable (those items supplied with a printed Use By date) items, unless previously agreed in writing with History and Heraldry.
7.5. Extra Item(s) DeliveredIf, by mistake We supply the Customer with extra items, You must notify us immediately, in writing by e-mail. The item(s) should be returned to us in line with our Returns Procedure (see condition 8 below). Once the goods have been returned to the Despatch Depot, You will be reimbursed for any reasonable carriage charge incurred by the return. If they do not inform us of receipt of extra items and are found in possession of goods that they have not paid for, You will be charged for the goods in full.
7.6 Non-Delivery of Item(s)We class an order as non-delivery if it has not arrived within 2 weeks. You have 21 days from when You made You payment to notify us of any missing, damaged or faulty items. Orders over this time period will not refunded or replaced. Please contact History and Heraldry via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with the original order number as reference.
We will then investigate the non-delivery with the relevant delivery service provider used for the order and offer You a replacement order to be sent out or a full refund for the undelivered goods within the required 21 days if the claim is valid.
Please do not place duplicate orders for replacement of non-delivered goods.
8. Out Of Stock ItemsWe try to keep GiftSite as up-to-date as possible, however it is not possible to be 100% accurate all the time. If there are any out-of-stock items We will notify You within 2 business days. You will then need to communicate with the Customer to ask if they would like a refund or replacement and then relay this information back to us by email.
If We do not receive a reply from You within 5 working days, a credit will be issued to Your account for any out-of-stock items, delivery charges, commissions and transaction fees incurred. Refunds will be processed within the following 1 – 7 working days Please note We do not offer a back-order service. Giftsite will display estimated delivery times for most products.
9. Returns ProcedurePlease note, as stated above, in the event of an item arriving damaged contact must be made to ourselves via email and We will advise whether a return is necessary. We request photographic evidence of all damages wherever possible, rather than a return. Items should be returned in their original packaging and ‘as new’ to the Despatch Depot:
History & Heraldry Ltd, GiftSite Returns Department, 5 Denby Way, Hellaby Industrial Estate, Rotherham S66 8HR
Before returning any items, You must inform History and Heraldry of the reason for the return. Please quote Your original order number on all returns and correspondence.
In the event of an item returned to History and Heraldry not arriving, You will be asked to provide tracking details (where applicable) or a receipt of proof of postage.
We advise that Retailers return items of high value (£15 or more) a return signed for second class.
If an item(s) is returned to History and Heraldry without any written communication, and not in line with our returns procedure, History and Heraldry will not compensate for any transport costs involved.
The returns form must be completed and included in a return, this can be found here and on the returns page at giftsite.co.uk.
10. Limitation of LiabilityHistory and Heraldry will not be liable to You for any loss or damage in circumstances where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty owed to You by History and Heraldry or by its employees or agents;
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
- Any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by You of any item of this contract.
11. Data ProtectionHistory and Heraldry will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of Your order and payment secure. However, unless History and Heraldry are negligent, We will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by You.
History and Heraldry will not supply Your details to any third party.
12. ImagesAll though all effort is made to update product images on a regular basis product images are for illustrative purposes and may differ from the actual product. Please note there will be variations in colours pertaining to products manufactured from natural materials (e.g. candle waxes).
No replacements will be made if a Retailer is dissatisfied with the colour of any product which is listed as having varying colours in the description. If a Retailer wishes to return a varying colours item due to its colour it should be returned in line with the returns procedure and a refund in full will be given for the original item cost, no refund will be made for carriage fees involved.
Images on the website remain the Intellectual Property of History and Heraldry Ltd.
13. Governing Law and JurisdictionThese terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
14. Protecting Your SecurityAll information provided by You will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
15. Placing an OrderBy placing an order with History and Heraldry You are confirming You have read and agree to the terms, conditions and delivery times as laid out in writing on this site. The contract of the sale is bound by the terms laid out in this document.
The contract laid out in this document is between History and Heraldry and Yourself, the Retailer. We have no contract between ourselves and the Customer (Your Retailer). In this case We cannot mediate any aspect of the sale between Yourself (the Retailer) and the end receiver of the goods shipped (the Customer).
16. Cosmetic GoodsAll of our products intended for cosmetic use are certified and tested as required by law, and ingredients for any of these items is available upon request. History and Heraldry highly recommends that end users of these products perform a patch test before using any cosmetic product for the first time, and periodically thereafter as allergies can develop from the repeated use of ANY cosmetic product.
17. Misuse of GoodsCosmetic Use Disclaimer We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date. The material here is intended to provide general information and users are advised to seek further legal guidance before acting or relying on the contents. We disclaim all liability for loss and/or damage that may result from the use of information contained on this site.
History and Heraldry will not be held responsible for any death or personal injuries that occur from the misuse of goods advertised on this Website.
Copyrights All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets), and all other material on this website are copyright of History and Heraldry Ltd and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. History and Heraldry Ltd grants the permission to electronically copy and/or print in hard copy portions of this website for the sole purpose of placing an order with History and Heraldry Ltd, or using this website as a shopping resource.
All product images and descriptions provided on the website www.giftsite.co.uk are free to use by all registered and approved Retailers of www.giftsite.co.uk for the promotion of the sales of these products through the Retailers chosen sales medium.
Any other use of materials on this website (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of History and Heraldry Ltd is strictly prohibited.
Trademarks History and Heraldry and Heart & Home referenced on this website are the trademarks or registered trademarks of History and Heraldry Ltd in the UK and/or other countries. Other product and company names mentioned on this website may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Account: The Customer Account We create to administer your use of the GiftSite platform and process payments to you.
- Agreement: This Retailer User Agreement.
- Customer: The Retailer’s customer, typically a member of the public buying goods from the Website.
- GiftSite: The e-commerce platform and services operated by History & Heraldry.
- Registration: The process by which You sign-up to the GiftSite platform.
- Retailer: The individual or legal entity operating the GiftSite Platform.
- Services: Commercial services provided by History & Heraldry which allow the GiftSite platform to operate such as hosting, payment processing, configuration, advice, and other related services that may be offered from time to time.
- Website: www.giftsite.co.uk including any pages and subdomains.
- Software: Computer programs that allow the Site to function.
- We: History & Heraldry Ltd, 2 Denby Way, Hellaby Industrial Estate, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom S66 8HR. Telephone 01709 730700.
- Website: This is Your website installed on the GiftSite platform that You use to promote your business and sell products online.
- You: An individual; or the person representing a company, sole trader, limited company, or any other business entity. This can include a person under your direction and control.
*Does not include the Christmas period when Royal Mail/Courier transit times are extended beyond our control (notifications placed on main website)